Sunday, September 28, 2014

I Received A Very Nice Surprise – “One Lovely Blog Award”


I received a very nice surprise.  I was nominated for the "One Lovely Blog Award" by Valerie Hughes author of "Genealogy With Valerie".  http://genealogywithvalerie.wordpress.com

Thank you Valerie, I am honored and humbled to be nominated by you.  Valerie 's blog is amazing, interesting and very informative.  She is also the author of "Genealogy: Your Family History, Doing It Right The First Time" and "Planning Your Genealogy Research Trip" both are great books.

Here are the rules for this award:
   1.  Thank the person who nominated you and link to that blog.
   2.  Share seven things about yourself.
   3.  Nominate 15 bloggers you admire (or as many as you can think of!)
   4.  Contact your bloggers, let them know that you've tagged them for the One Lovely Blog  Award.

Seven Things About Me:
    1.  I am an only child.
    2.  I was named after my mother's high school friend.
    3.  I do not have a middle name (you'd be surprise how many people think I'm kidding).
    4.  I have insomnia and usually sleep 2-4 a night (sometimes less).
    5.  I love to sing and dance (even though my family says I lack rhythm).
    6.  I love old classic movies.  I prefer the black and white version not colorized.
    7.  My favorite sports to play are tennis, volleyball and softball (in that order).

20 Bloggers I Admire:
There are so many awesome genealogy blogs out there that it was really hard to choose just 20.
Here is my list (in no particular order):
    1.  Ancient Echos From The Past by Xzanthia Zuber
    2.  4YourFamilyStory by Caroline Pointer
    3.  Branches and Twigs Genealogy  by Lacey Frazier
    4.  Our Georgia Roots  by Luckie Daniels
    5.  Tracing Amy  by Amy Cole
    6.  J-MACS JOURNEY  by Joann McMillion
    7.  Our Alabama and Georgia Ancestors  by Dante Eubanks
    8.  They Came From Virginia  by Denise Muhammad
    9.  Roots Branches and a Few Nuts  by Bev McGown
  10.  The Jones Genealogist  by Jerry Jones
  11.  a3Genealogy  by Kathleen Brandt
  12.  Desperately Seeking Surnames  by Jenna Mills
  13.  Echoes of My Nola Past  by Felicia Rachelle
  14.  Dans Les Branches  by Marine Soulas
  15.  Ancestral Breezes  by Jen Baldwin
  16.  Tangled Roots and Trees  by Schalene Dagutis
  17.  The Professional Descendant  by Kristy Wilkinson
  18.  The Pendleton Genealogy Post  by Catherine Pendleton
  19.  Genealogy Circle  by Cindy Freed
  20.  Carolina Girl Genealogy  by Cheri Hudson Passey

For those on my list, if you have already been nominated I'm pretty certain that you don't have to nominate an group.  There are so many more wonderful bloggers out there whose work I admire.  I have learned so much from the more experienced members of the genealogy community.  I enjoy our interactions and appreciate their support.    

Contact Bloggers
I will be contacting the 20 bloggers on my list, unless they see this post and contact me first.  Thank you Valerie for nominating my blog for the "One Lovely Blog Award".  I am honored to be included in your list of nominees.

6 comments:

  1. You named some Great People and Blogs! I know some and some I have to visit! WoW What a List. Congratulations on your Lovely Blog Award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you True. I just hope to one day be as good as you and them.

      Delete
  2. Thank you! Great company to be in, and I'm honored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Beverly. I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete