Sunday, September 28, 2014
I received a very nice surprise. I was nominated for the "One Lovely Blog Award" by Valerie Hughes author of "Genealogy With Valerie". http://genealogywithvalerie.wordpress.com
Thank you Valerie, I am honored and humbled to be nominated by you. Valerie 's blog is amazing, interesting and very informative. She is also the author of "Genealogy: Your Family History, Doing It Right The First Time" and "Planning Your Genealogy Research Trip" both are great books.
Here are the rules for this award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to that blog.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire (or as many as you can think of!)
4. Contact your bloggers, let them know that you've tagged them for the One Lovely Blog Award.
Seven Things About Me:
1. I am an only child.
2. I was named after my mother's high school friend.
3. I do not have a middle name (you'd be surprise how many people think I'm kidding).
4. I have insomnia and usually sleep 2-4 a night (sometimes less).
5. I love to sing and dance (even though my family says I lack rhythm).
6. I love old classic movies. I prefer the black and white version not colorized.
7. My favorite sports to play are tennis, volleyball and softball (in that order).
20 Bloggers I Admire:
There are so many awesome genealogy blogs out there that it was really hard to choose just 20.
Here is my list (in no particular order):
1. Ancient Echos From The Past by Xzanthia Zuber
2. 4YourFamilyStory by Caroline Pointer
3. Branches and Twigs Genealogy by Lacey Frazier
4. Our Georgia Roots by Luckie Daniels
5. Tracing Amy by Amy Cole
6. J-MACS JOURNEY by Joann McMillion
7. Our Alabama and Georgia Ancestors by Dante Eubanks
8. They Came From Virginia by Denise Muhammad
9. Roots Branches and a Few Nuts by Bev McGown
10. The Jones Genealogist by Jerry Jones
11. a3Genealogy by Kathleen Brandt
12. Desperately Seeking Surnames by Jenna Mills
13. Echoes of My Nola Past by Felicia Rachelle
14. Dans Les Branches by Marine Soulas
15. Ancestral Breezes by Jen Baldwin
16. Tangled Roots and Trees by Schalene Dagutis
17. The Professional Descendant by Kristy Wilkinson
18. The Pendleton Genealogy Post by Catherine Pendleton
19. Genealogy Circle by Cindy Freed
20. Carolina Girl Genealogy by Cheri Hudson Passey
For those on my list, if you have already been nominated I'm pretty certain that you don't have to nominate an group. There are so many more wonderful bloggers out there whose work I admire. I have learned so much from the more experienced members of the genealogy community. I enjoy our interactions and appreciate their support.
I will be contacting the 20 bloggers on my list, unless they see this post and contact me first. Thank you Valerie for nominating my blog for the "One Lovely Blog Award". I am honored to be included in your list of nominees.